1. What information does Transition Music Corporation gather and how is it collected?
Due to the nature of our service, we must collect personal information voluntarily provided by you during the registration and licensing process. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, e-mail address, a picture of you, a password, biographical information and site links.
In addition, log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you view a web page. When you register with or view the Transition Music Corporation site, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any web site.
We may also track aggregate traffic patterns throughout our site, without correlating this information with your personally identifiable information. This tracking is done through the collection of Internet Protocol addresses, domain names, and browser types.
Additionally, we may use "cookies" to help us track and focus our service to your needs. Cookies are small text or data files that are written to your computer's hard drive when you visit a particular site. Cookies help to save your time, by facilitating efficient use of our site. Your preferences can be saved through cookies, and they will also tell us whether you have returned to a specific page. Cookies are an industry standard, and you will find that most sites use them. However, you may choose to accept or decline them, as an option in your web browser settings.
2. How is the information used and who is it disclosed to?
We gather the information discussed above for purposes of providing and improving our web site and service and developing and operating products and services. Additionally, we collect demographic information supplied by you during registration and information about your use of the Transition Music Corporation site to describe our base users to potential partners, investors and advertisers. Personal information about you will not be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties without your expressed and informed approval.
- First, we may employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf, such as providing customer service, sending mail, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, or other functions necessary to our business. Such companies may need your personal information.
- Second, we reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information if required to do so by law and will do so if we reasonably believe your actions violate any agreement you may have with Transition Music Corporation or our Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Third, Transition Music Corporation will disclose your personally identifiable information in response to a subpoena, warrant, or court order, or if otherwise required by law, and may release personally identifiable information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws, such as copyright law. We will give you ten (10) days advance notice before doing so, unless we are instructed or requested otherwise by law enforcement. Transition Music Corporation also reserves the right to disclose personally identifiable information and/or non-personally identifiable information that Transition Music Corporation believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce certain of our agreements and our Terms and Conditions of Use, to take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend itself against any third party claims or allegations, to assist governmental enforcement agencies, to protect the security or integrity of the Transition Music Corporation Site, and to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Transition Music Corporation, users of our products and services, and others.
- Fourth, to the extent allowed by law, Transition Music Corporation may transfer information it collects from you or obtains from third parties, including your personally identifiable information, in connection with any merger, acquisition, a sale of all or substantially all of the assets of the company, or other change of control, involvement in bankruptcy proceedings, or dissolution or closing of the company, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally.
- Additionally, Transition Music Corporation may share much of its data, including personally identifiable information, with any of its parent companies, affiliates or subsidiaries. To the extent that these entities are getting access to your personally identifiable information, they will treat it at least as protectively as they treat information they obtain from other users.
3. How can I correct or remove my personal information?
Transition Music Corporation is committed to ensuring your appropriate control over your personal information. Therefore, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to allow you to correct, update or remove your personal information. If you wish to do so right now, please send an e-mail with the requested change to firstname.lastname@example.org, but please keep in mind that Transition Music Corporation may not be able to provide you with our service should you remove your information. You acknowledge that it may be impossible to completely delete all of your information from Transition Music Corporation's records without some residual information being maintained due to backups or other reasons.
Access to your personal information will be password protected. You must select a password. You agree to keep your password confidential in order to prevent unauthorized access. You agree to notify Transition Music Corporation promptly of any unauthorized use of your password. You will be liable for any digital downloads with your password until Transition Music Corporation is notified of the unauthorized use of the password.
4. How is my personal information protected?
The importance of security of all information associated with you is an important concern for Transition Music Corporation. Transition Music Corporation exercises care in providing secure transmission of your personal information from your computer to our servers. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while Transition Music Corporation strives to protect your information, we can't ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, Transition Music Corporation uses industry standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your information, such as passwords and firewalls, encryption technology and other security measures. However, perfect security does not exist on the Internet. You acknowledge that (i) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond the control of Transition Music Corporation; (ii) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and Transition Music Corporation through any Transition Music Corporation site cannot be guaranteed; (iii) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party; and (iv) Transition Music Corporation will not be responsible for information sent by email.
5. Will this policy change?
Transition Music Corporation